Technical Support Engineer (Research Scientist)
Scientific Forming Technologies Corp. (SFTC) in Columbus, Ohio is seeking qualified candidates to provide technical support to users and distributors of the DEFORM® system. Daily activities range from product testing, quality assurance, validation, support, troubleshooting, application development, project assignments, customer licensing and training. Technical support staff regularly interacts with customers and international distributors via phone, email and web meeting. Occasional travel would be expected for trade shows, conferences and in-person visits to customers. The position offers a wide range of opportunities and requires the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
- Provide technical support assistance to users and distributors of DEFORM.
- Troubleshoot problematic finite-element simulation models and identify root cause.
- Engage with the development team to address root cause, if necessary.
- Develop solutions to issues and transfer that knowledge to the end-user.
- Evaluate, test and validate new product features, tools and applications.
- Identify best modeling practices for new simulation applications.
- Generate basic CAD models for metal forming workpieces and tooling.
- Provide industrial expertise toward development and support activities.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team in bug reporting and resolution validation.
- Track and report on technical support, customer usage and licensing status.
- Communicate with users and distributors via phone, email and web meetings.
- Aid in the development of training content and assist in training of users.
- Generate case studies and application examples for use in marketing and support.
- Contribute content to marketing literature, support documentation and publications.
- Exhibit at select trade shows and conferences, with involvement in booth logistics.
- Give technical presentations at select SFTC events and industry conferences.
- Make occasional trips to visit customers at their facility.
- Handle special project assignments according to business needs.
SFTC is targeting candidates:
- with an advanced engineering degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) and a strong FEM background,
- with end-user application experience and an engineering degree (M.S. or B.S.), or
- with material modeling background and a Material Science Engineering (MSE) degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering
- Industrial or finite-element modeling experience
- Occasional travel
- Full time position
- On-site working arrangement in Columbus, Ohio
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Industrial Engineering, Material Science Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of industrial or finite-element modeling experience
- Experience with DEFORM or other process simulation software
- CAD modeling skills
Qualified candidates may contact SFTC by email.